A private shooting club for serious shooters.
We are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9am to 5pm. Visitors are WELCOME!
We will be open July 4th. Come and make your own fireworks noise. Hotdogs and drinks will be available.
Cowboy action range has a new swinger target, it is just too much fun.
Sporting Clays Range is Open
Size 7.5 shot or smaller no mag loads. Bring your own ammo..
Our NEW 100 yard Archery range is now open with 10-20-30-40 & 50 yard targets plus 3D targets.
We do not answer the phone on Sunday or Monday. When we are open it is hard to hear due to wind and shooting noise, so please speak up on the phone and check the web site if we do not hear the phone ring.
Email is better than phone messages.
The range officer is Dan, his number is 214.926.9063.
3 shots at 500 yds
in 7/16 of an inch (6.5/284).
Congratulations to Lloyd Hill
for the new range record! He is on the way to Africa to film another show for Best of the West. Go Lloyd!
Top Gun is a private shooting club. We have a rifle range with 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 yard targets. We have covered bench shooting for 14 and covered prone space for 10. We also have 25 and 50 yard targets for pistol, black powder, 22 or bore sighting.
All the shooting tables are concrete with steel bases.
You do not have to be a member
to come shoot for the day.
We invite you to be a part of the fun.
FOR TRAINING GO TO THE SERVICE PAGE.
30-378 / 338 / 7mm mag &
all calibers 300 win mag and above in foot pounds of energy cannot be used on steel targets that are under 400 yards.
Full Metal Jacket RIFLE ammo of any kind is not allowed on the range. Wolfe, Bear, and Herter (steel core) rifle ammo is not allowed on the range as well.
Tannerite (exploding target material) is not allowed on the range.
1. All Federal, state, and local firearm laws must be obeyed. Any accidental discharge of firearms with the projectile not striking the backstop will be required to leave the range and all fees forfeited. NO RAPID FIRE, RIFLE or PISTOL, double taps on pistol are OK. If you are shooting an AR type rifle a brass-catcher is required to protect other shooters.
2. All firearms not on the firing line must be holstered, or unloaded with their action open and the magazine removed, or unloaded and encased.
3. All shooters must complete and sign the RANGE RELEASE, WAIVER, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFICATION AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT before using the Top Gun Range.
4. Owners of NFA firearms (from Class III dealers) must be in possession of any special permits or paperwork required by law.
5. Food, beverages, are prohibited on the firing line; and smoking is prohibited on the range.
6. All calibers above 338 in foot pounds of energy are not allowed at the range. 45-70 etc. and all large muzzle loader calibers are more than OK.
7. Shotgun slugs, buckshot or birdshot may NOT be fired at the target backstops. All shotguns must be fired at a paper target on the IDPA wood frames or in one of our open fields.
9. FMJ (full metal jacket) tracer, armor piercing, and steel core ammunition are not allowed on the range.
10. Commands issued by Range Officers and Range Personnel must be obeyed immediately.
11. When the command “Cease Fire” is given:
Stop shooting IMMEDIATELY remove your finger from the trigger
Keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
Wait for further instructions from the Range Officer
12. No one other than Top Gun/NRA Range personnel may go forward of the firing line unless authorized or instructed to do so by the Range Officer.
13. When the line is declared “CLEAR”:
All firearms must be holstered; or unloaded and benched or grounded, with the muzzle pointed down range, with the action open, ejection port or cylinder up, and magazine removed.
Everyone must step back from the firing line.
No firearms may be handled while the line is “CLEAR”.
14. Firing a shot on the Top Gun Range that results in the bullet striking anything other than the target and/or backstop, may result in a damage or repair fine and/or your removal from the range.
15. Cross firing of targets is prohibited.
16. All firing must be aimed fire, no rapid fire.
17. To shoot at 200 yards you must be able to put 3 out of 3 shots into a 3 inch group at 100 yards. To shoot at the 300 yd target you must be able to shoot 2 of three 3 shots in 4 inches at 200 yards. To move from 300 to 400 and 400 to 500 yard targets you must hit the steel swingers 2 out of 3 shots. For calibers under 300 win mag. For larger calibers you must be able to put 2 out of 3 shots into a minute of angle group at each distance on paper out to 400 yards.
18. You may collect your own brass that is on or behind the firing line. Brass from other shooters and all brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be collected unless authorized by the Range Officer.
19. Competitions held on the Top Gun Range will be conducted in accordance with official NRA rules or by the rules of the sanctioning body of the match.
20. Top Gun Range Officers reserve the right to inspect any firearms or ammunition for safety considerations.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN A REPRIMAND
OR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE TOP GUN RANGE.